Prior to installing macOS High Sierra, it is strongly recommended that you:
For additional information regarding Drobo and High Sierra, see:
Your Guide to High Sierra and Drobo
1. If Drobo Dashboard is not able to discover Drobo, follow these steps
- Backup your data
- Once backed up, Shutdown your Drobo using Shutdown in Drobo Dashboard > Tools > Shutdown
- Ensure you have the latest Drobo Dashboard version, this can be found here: http://www.drobo.com/docs/
When the Drobo Dashboard is installed for the first time, Mac brings up a pop-up
To allow access this 3rd party application to install drivers, go to Security & Privacy and check Allow
This pop-up only has a single button response;
Perform the following steps to enable Dashboard Discovery
- The Drobo must be connected to the host where the Drobo Dashboard is being installed
: The Drobo should be in a Green state.
- Go to System Preferences General, check Allow for Drobo. When Allow is clicked, this messaging should go away. Drobo should be discovered.
- If the Drobo is not discovered, reboot the Mac
If Drobo is not connected to the host at the time Drobo Dashboard was installed, this will require a complete uninstall/reinstall of Drobo Dashboard with Drobo connected.
Apple is aware of this issue and working to resolve, for more information see:
Apple Developer Notes
2. If you have done the above steps and Drobo Dashboard still does not recognize Drobo, try the following
Follow these instructions to
Uninstall Drobo Dashboard
Go to Mac HDD > Applications > Utilities > Terminal
From the Command Prompt, type:
This will give you a list of files in this directory, do you see:
DroboTBT.kext and/or TrustedDataSCSIDriver.kext
Also do for this path
Look for the same file names:
DroboTBT.kext and/or "TrustedDataSCSIDriver.kext
The following steps only need to be run in directory where these files were found. if the files were not present reinstall the Drobo Dashboard.
Reinstall the latest version of Drobo Dashboard, this can be found here:
If the Drobo is still not detected after these steps, please upload a diagnostic file for review as follows:
Generating a diagnostic file